DESIGNED BY Judith Durant
SIZE AND FINISHED MEASUREMENTS
To fit 12-24 months: 18-20"/45.5-51 cm waist and 9"/23 cm length
Shelridge Yarns Soft Touch DK, 100% superwash merino wool, 265 yds (242 m)/3.5 oz (100 g), Color 1306-058
US 1/9 (5.5 mm) or size needed to obtain correct gauge and US G/6 (4.25 mm)
20 stitches (2 pattern repeats) and 9 rows = 4"/10 cm in Chevron Pattern on larger hook
One US 5 (3.75 mm) knitting needle, yarn needle
Chevron Pattern (multiple of 10 stitches)
Set-Up Rnd: Fsc a multiple of 10, join with slip st to beginning st.
Rnd 1: Ch 3 (counts as dc here and throughout), dc in same st, *dc in next 3 sts, dc3tog, dc in next 3 sts**, 3 dc in next st; repeat from * around ending last repeat at**, dc in joining st, join with slip st to top of ch-3.
Repeat Rnd 1 for pattern.
CROCHETING THE SKIRT
• Set-Up Rnd: With larger hook, fsc 120. Join with slip st to beginning st, being careful not to twist thests.
• Work Rnd 1 of Chevron Pattern 17 times or until piece measures approximately 7 1/2/19 cm.
• With smaller hook, ch 3, dc2tog, *dc in next st, dc2tog; repeat from * around, join with slip st to top of ch-3. You now have 80 sts.
• Rnds 1-3: Ch 3, dc in each st to end of rnd, join with slip st to top of ch-3.
• Fasten off.
THE BOTTOM EDGING
With smaller hook, attach yarn at beginning of rnd and work 2 sc in each fsc around, join with slip st to first sc. Fasten off.
CROCHETING THE l-CORD
• Leaving a 4"/10 cm tail, ch 3. Insert hook in 2nd ch from hook and pull up a loop, pull up a loop in next ch; *slip last 2 loops from hook to knitting needle (1 loop remains on hook), (yo and pull through 1 loop on hook, slip next st from needle to hook) twice, yo and pull through 1 loop on hook; repeat from * until cord measures 34"/86.5 cm or desired length.
Note: You can eliminate the knitting needle and simply drop and hold the 2 sts from the hook and chain through them one at a time.
• Beginning and ending at the center front, thread cord through 2nd rnd of waistband, weaving under and over 2 dc at a time. Weave in ends.